| Team FBC
What Are Small Groups?
Our Mission is to see spiritual transformation through a deeper understanding of Christ, creating a more personal relationship with Him, developing a stronger faith in Him; all while experiencing authentic Christian community through meaningful relationships, prayer, and encouragement. It is then our desire that all of this culminates to the making of disciples for the glorification of God and the expansion of His Kingdom.
WHAT IS A SMALL GROUP?
A small group consists of approximately 12 adults (some are smaller / some are bigger) who meet 3 times a month in a relaxed, informal, caring environment. This all takes place at the church or in the homes of fellow small group members. Specific times, dates and locations are set by each individual group. Groups are encouraged to plan time for relationship building (going out to dinner, group activities, group get-togethers, group trips, birthday parties, etc) and find ways to serve together.
WHAT USUALLY HAPPENS IN A SMALL GROUP?
- Fellowship (activities as planned by the group – bring food, snacks, desserts, beverages, etc)
- Prayer and Encouragement
- Bible study and discussion
SMALL GROUPS PROVIDE YOU WITH OPPORTUNITIES TO:
- Grow in your understanding of the Bible and your relationship with Christ
- Make friends and become a part of the family of believers here at First Baptist Church
- Develop skills as a Disciple you never knew you had
- Participating in small groups allows us to form meaningful relationships with others as we worship, study God’s word, share, and pray for each other
- In small groups we are able to carry one another’s burdens. We are able to hear others and be heard
- Spiritual growth happens best in the context of relationship with others who are following God
- Our hope is that someone will be there who will greet them warmly, love them for who they are, pray for their challenges, encourage their growth in Christ, and praise their answered prayers
WHAT WE HOPE HAPPENS FROM BEING IN A SMALL GROUP:
- FBC’S 4 Core Values play out in your life
- Community Partnerships
- Relationships – being around people that care about things I need to care about
- Praying for the lost
- For the people they are trying to reach
- Praying for a person of peace
- Lebanon / World / Live / Work / Play
- Be “Moved” to do something
- Seeking Jesus
- Praying for the nations
- Praying for the lost
- Scripture Memorization
- A focal verse per week
- Within a particular study
- From Matt’s sermon / series
- Missions Projects
- Small Groups is FBC’s go to group of people to tackle various initiatives within the church and in the community
- WMU monthly church-wide projects
- Support each month or specific months
- Pick a specific organization
- Adopt a Community organization or group and represent Team FBC
- Ex: Make teachers at Maplecrest (or any school) feel appreciated
- Ex: Local Organizations – L-Life, Cope House, etc – beyond just bringing what the organization needs – do something for the people at each place.
- Ex: Something for the Police Officers
- Ex: Something for Firefighters or EMS
- Ex: School Teams – Both Boys & Girls: Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Track, Baseball, Softball
- Every week “Application” is accomplished
- Tangible application
- “This is what you have to do this week”
- Accountability that it was done
- This knowledge has created more faith, so go do something with it
| Still Like More Information?
For more information or to see what is the best option for you and your family, fill out the form and I will be in touch!
First Baptist Church of Lebanon
311 North Madison Ave
Lebanon, MO 65536