| JOB OPENING
Job Title: Children/Preschool Director
Reports to: Senior Pastor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Children/Preschool director gives oversight to all Preschool and Children’s ministries and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and direction for a comprehensive Children’s ministry. This includes Kidstuf, small groups, and Wednesday night activities, along with special activities, including VBS and Children’s activities or trips.
- Provides leadership and direction for the preschool ministry. This includes Sunday School and Wednesday night activities, as well as supervising the Preschool Director, who is responsible for properly staffing childcare for church events.
- Recruits volunteers to allow all Children’s and Preschool activities ministries to function successfully.
- Ensures that all Preschool and Children volunteers have undergone a background check before participating in ministry.
- Stays knowledgeable through continuing education and other resources to ensure that activities and programming remain relevant and safe.
- Understands that the safety and well-being of our preschoolers and children are essential, and ensures that all activities and programs reflect this value.
- Develops training for preschool and children’s workers as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate with all preschoolers, children and their parents.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Strong PC and multimedia presentation knowledge and skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to multitask.